Digital Transformation Foundation
Based on the Innovation Value Institute’s IT Capability Maturity Framework
The ITWNET Digital Transformation Certification aims to provide participants with the latest knowledge and capability to aid Digital Transformation Initiatives within their organization.
Emerging digital technologies, combined with changing customer behaviours, needs and expectations, means businesses have to evolve and adapt to remain relevant to their customers, otherwise they will be very likely pushed to the sidelines.
In order to compete with other organizations (particularly those that have grown up with, or fully adapted to the digital present and future,) businesses need to fully embrace digital. Everything from staff ability through to internal processes now need to be digital first.
This two day course (including exam) equips mid-level to senior-level managers with the ability to support an organization’s progress by preparing them to move to a digital business model. This often results in a radical overhaul of business processes.
The ITWNET Digital Transformation Foundation certification is primarily based on the Innovation Value Institute’s IT Capability Maturity Framework, and the publication ‘Collaborative Business Design: Improving and innovating the design of IT-driven business services’ (published by IT Governance ), and aims to provide candidates with the knowledge to respond to digital transformation initiatives in order to be a digital-ready professional that may aid organizations in their digital transformation quest.
There are 3 areas to the Foundation level:
Digital readiness - based on the IT-CMF core critical capabilities including;
- Ability to recall te IT-CMF basics and critical capabilities for Digital Readiness and Digital Transformation
- Definition of digital readiness and digital transformation
- Four pre-requisites for effective digital transformation
- Four stages of the Capability Improvement Program (CIP)
Skill set for the Digital Transformation Leader including;
- Understand the interpersonal skill set required of a Digital Transformation Leader
- Goals of the interpersonal skills required within the Digital Leaders Skill set
- Conflict management
Business Service Design for Digital Transformation including;
- Understand the purpose and content of the Business Model Canvas
- Cost Structure
- Value Proposition
- Customer RelationsChannels
- Customer Segments
Upon completion of this training, delegates will be able to explain:
IT-CMF, Digital Readiness and Digital Transformation
- Recall the IT-CMF basics and critical capabilities for Digital Readiness and Digital Transformation.
- Understand the structure of IT-CMF, specific Digital Readiness capabilities and their inter-relationship, Digital Transformation Frameworks for organizations, their similarities and differences.
2. Skills Set of a Digital Transformation Leader
- Understand the interpersonal skills set required of a Digital Transformation Leader.
3. Business Service Design for Digital Transformation
- Recall elements of Business Service Design for Digital Transformation.
- Understand Business Service Design for Digital Transformation
Summary of Outcomes
- Understand the scope of the critical capabilities of an organization’s IT
- Understand the purpose of the critical capabilities
- Understand the purpose of the IT-CMF and fundamentals of organization assessment
- Understand the specific Digital Readiness capabilities and their inter-relation to the IT-CMF
- Understand the relevant professional competencies
- Understand the Business Model Canvas
- Understand the collaboration required between business and IT in designing a service
This qualification is aimed at individuals who recognize the need for and promote Digital Transformation Initiatives as part of wider change initiatives within their organization. Some roles which may benefit from this knowledge are:
- Managers/Consultants working to deliver strategic objectives
- Programme and Project Managers
- Product Managers
- IT and Business professionals at a senior and middle level
- Service Managers
- Enterprise Architect
- Professionals who have an operational, designing and implementing, managing or strategic role with regard to IT services
- Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization that needs to be ready and is immersed in the digital transformation or digital disruption of its organization.
- Professionals situated on the demand side of, or closely related to, the information provisioning in an organization.
- BRM, BA, PPP, ITSM certified professionals
- Internal or external service provider (IT based or not): Service managers, contract managers, bid managers, lead architects, requirement-analysts, etc.
- Students of business administration, business informatics and service management.
- 40 questions
- 40 minute exam
- Pass Mark – 50% ( 20 marks)
- Closed book
- Available in English
- Paper based & online availability