COBIT 2019 Bridge Course
Effective governance over information and technology is critical to business success, and this new release further cements COBIT’s continuing role as an important driver of innovation and business transformation.
COBIT 2019 is an evolution of COBIT 5, so this newly revised governance framework contains everything you value about COBIT 5, plus many exciting new features and focus areas.
New processes coverage of data, projects and compliance, as well as updates to activities in such as cybersecurity and privacy plus updated linkages to all relevant standards, guidelines, regulations and best practices—COBIT is still your master framework for all your enterprise’s governance activities.
New training for COBIT 2019 compliments your previous COBIT 5 learning and extends your governance activities into the strategy and innovation efforts key to enterprise transformation—information and technology are the crown jewels of every enterprise seeking to increase value, spur new growth, create competitive advantages, and fortify against threats and risks.
This one-day bridge course highlights the concepts, models and key definitions of the new framework with a primary focus on the major differences between COBIT® 2019 and COBIT5
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Framework Introduction Differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019
Module 3: Principles
Module 4: Governance System and Components
Module 5: Governance and Management Objectives
Module 6: Performance Management
Module 7: Designing a Tailored Governance System
Module 8: Implementation
Module 9: Closing and Examination Preparation
After attending this course, delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Compare the key attributes of the updated COBIT framework with COBIT5
- Discover the updated COBIT principles for governance system framework.
- Identify the changes to the COBIT publications scheme.
- Describe the updated components of a governance system:
- Governance and management objectives
- Components of the governance system
- Focus areas
- Design factors
- Compare the updated COBIT goals cascade with COBIT5.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Recall the alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge.
Current COBIT Foundation certificate holders interested in understanding the key differences between COBIT 5 and COBIT 2019.
This COBIT bridge exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge as opposed to memorization. This exam will be online proctored and consist of:
- 20 multiple choice questions
- 40-minute time limit
- Pass rate of 75% or 15/20 correct answers
Students must be a current COBIT5 Foundation certificate holder. Students are also required to view the COBIT5 Video modules prior to attending the bridge course.