Change Management Practitioner
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm whether the candidate has achieved sufficient know-how to lead, apply and tailor Change Management guidance in a given organisational change situation.
A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to apply the Change Management approaches and techniques to any change initiative. Their individual Change Management expertise, complexity of the change initiative and the support provided for the use of Change Management approaches in their work environment will all be factors that impact what the Practitioner can achieve. Successful candidates will have fulfilled the knowledge requirements for Change Management Institute accreditation.
The Change Management Certification is an internationally recognised Professional Qualification.
- Applying appropriate process frameworks to optimally plan and understand organizational change.
- A range of organization paradigms with which to understand, support and sustain organizational change processes.
- How to properly prepare for an organizational change initiative - such as building an effective change team and offering insights which enhance the team's performance.
- Preparing people for organizational change.
- How to be motivational in ways that's empathetic towards peoples' roles and personalities.
- How to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process.
Benefits for the Individual to Become Certified:
- Understand the human side of change and know how to help people deal more effectively with change, maintaining their commitment and bringing them successfully through the change process.
- Understand the various types of change that affect organizations, and know how to draw on a range of professional approaches to support the effective delivery of the organization’s desired outcomes from each change initiative.
- Know how to identify and work with the stakeholders in a change initiative, and how to plan, execute and measure the effective communications required to build and maintain their engagement.
- Know how to assess the impacts of change, to develop effective change teams and to recognize and address resistance to change.
- Understand the process of sustaining change and know how to embed a change initiative as the new ‘business as usual’.
Benefits for the Organization – All About Delivery:
- Build the organization’s capability and capacity to deal successfully with change, improving agility.
- Increase the probability of successful business change/transformation – supporting strategic direction.
- Minimize risks (costs, delays, loss of employee engagement, reputation) associated with failed initiatives.
- Align change initiatives with established, process-driven methods to develop a unified approach to change.
- Develop and sustain employee commitment and alignment with organizational purpose during times of change.
- Build and maintain the engagement of internal and external stakeholders with new initiatives.
- Manage more effective change communications with internal and external constituencies so that change is understood and supported.
- Improve assessment of change impact, integrated change planning and successful embedding of change into the life of the organization.
The Practitioner qualification is aimed at anyone that is aspiring to become a change manager. It is also relevant to other staff involved in the change process. This could include:
- Change leaders (e.g. senior responsible owners)
- Change managers
- Portfolio managers
- Organisational development managers
- Change ‘agents’ (e.g. business change managers)
- Change implementers (e.g. programme/project managers)
- Change support (e.g. programme/project office) and operational line managers/staff
- 2.5 hours
- Partial open book (The Effective Change Manager Handbook may be used)
- Objective text i.e. complex multiple-choice
- Covers 4 syllabus areas including the Foundation level material
- 80 marks available and a 40/80 pass mark
- The Practitioner examination is taken on the afternoon of last day
- Successfully passing these exams will result in the attainment of the Change Management Practitioner certificate.
Change Management Foundation certificate plus attendance an instructor-led Change Management Practitioner course.