Change Management Foundation
The Change Management qualification is designed to provide a robust foundation of knowledge for anyone involved in organizational change initiatives. Successful candidates will have the knowledge and understanding necessary to contribute constructively to teams specifying, developing implementing and sustaining change initiatives.
The purpose of the Foundation course is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of Change Management to work as an informed member of a team working on an organizational change initiative. The Foundation course is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner course.
- Lesson 1: Introductions and Objectives
- Lesson 2: Change and the Individual
- Lesson 3: Change and the Organization
- Lesson 4: Stakeholder Strategy
- Lesson 5: Communication and Engagement
- Lesson 6: Change Impact
- Lesson 7: Change Readiness
- Lesson 8: Exam Revision and Preparation
Candidates attending the Change Management Foundation course should be able to recall, recognize and demonstrate understanding of the theories, concepts, models, approaches outlined in the course, including terms used, process sequences and roles involved.
Specifically the candidate should be able to demonstrate this understanding by being able to:
- Explain how individuals are impacted by change and different ways they may respond to change situations and how learning processes help them adapt
- Contribute to development of strategies to help individuals through change, increasing motivation for change and overcoming resistance in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Offer insight on how organizations work, how the process of organizations change occurs and the typical roles that collaborate to deliver successful change
- Identify key drivers of an organization’s culture , and recognize different types of change process (e.g. planned and emergent change)
- Describe significant elements of the stakeholder engagement process in a change initiative and relate this to appropriate communication strategies
- Discuss with colleagues the different areas of impact of a change initiative and how momentum for that change can be built and sustained
- Outline important aspects of how to build an effective change team and to contribute to discussions about how to improve the effectiveness of a team.
- Anyone interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organizational change, transition or transformation.
- Team members involved in organizational change, transition or transformation projects.
- Professionals pursuing the Change Management Practitioner certificate – for which the Change Management Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite.
- Change Leaders
- Project Managers
- Change Management Practitioners
- Continuous Improvement Specialists
- IT Professionals
- Human Resources Business Partners
- Organizational Development Professionals
- Project team members
This course will prepare delegates to take the Change Management Examination.
Successfully passing this exam will result in the attainment of the Change Management Foundation certification.
- Although not compulsory, attendance of an instructor-led ITIL Foundation course is strongly recommended.
- Multiple choice
- Four sections, total of 50 questions
- Closed Book
- 40 minutes
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) / 50%
On successful completion of this course, students will receive an attendance certificate.
- There are no prerequisites for this course