ITIL Process Design
Analytix ITIL consultacy services provide assistance to organisations in implementing the ITIL framework, leveraging the ITIL V3.0 framework best practice principles, and in the process upgrading the IT Service Management organisation, processes and capability in order to be more closely aligned with the business objectives. We have helped industry leading service operations re-engineer their IT service processes to improve IT operational efficiency and drive world class levels of IT performance.
The objective of aim ITIL project is to enhance the IT Service Management processes to incorporate the enhanced IT service and support processes, procedures, work instructions and work flow.
The use of ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000 for Service Management has been proven to provide benefits in reducing ongoing IT support costs, improving service quality and satisfying specific governance and regulatory requirements. The ISO/IEC 20000 standard for IT Service Management provides a benchmark to demonstrate an IT Service Provider's ability to supply high quality IT services to its customers.
Analytix's consultants are fully trained experts with extensive experience in IT Service Management and the ISO/IEC 20000 standard. We offer a range of standards-based assessment, consulting and training services to help you implement a Quality Management System, meet the requirements of the standard and to achieve certification if required. Our Service Management consultants have extensive experience and qualifications in ITIL® best practices. We offer a complete range of assessment, documentation, implementation, training and coaching services to ensure that you can realise the benefits of IT Service Management in a timely, practical and effective way.
- ITIL® / IT Service Management consulting & education
- IT Service Management process capability and maturity assessments
- Vendor-independent tool selection and implementation services
- Migration towards ISO/IEC 20000 standards certification
- Development and implementation of a Service Improvement Programme
Our proven process design methods leverage input from key stakeholders within the organization and real world observation to determine the changes necessary to optimize service processes. In addition, we will align processes with industry standards and best practices to ensure your success. This involves the enhancement of the scope of the service management function, as well as the revision of existing service management processes to increase efficiency, in order to move toward a higher maturity level.
Your IT service management processes and operating procedures will be examined to identify opportunities for improvement that will enable the organization to deliver the most efficient service at the right level of quality to customers. The process reengineering projects typically include:
- Complete review of all detailed IT processes
- Analysis and identification of failure points in current IT processes
- Process redesign and creation of new process flows and descriptions
- Alignment of new processes to ITIL, ISO 20000 and COBIT best practices
- Determination of any systems impact and required enhancements
- Analysis of resource requirements necessary to execute new processes
- Change management training and roll out to the IT organisation
- Creation of measures of success and key performance indicators
- Monitoring and tracking of performance to ensure success
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) refers to a set of comprehensive, consistent and coherent codes of best practice for IT Service Management. The recently updated ITIL V3 is organized into five core publications that revolve around the service lifecycle. These provide best practice guidance for an integrated approach to IT service management.
The five core titles are:
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
Typical outputs of the process design phase include:
- Detailed process flow indicating the major process inputs, activities, outputs and control requirements for the selected process (level 2 and 3);
- The compilation of a RACI matrix, detailing the resources that would be Responsible, Accountable, Consulted or Informed during the execution of the specific process;
- The compilation of Functional Allocation Diagrams (Fad’s) describing the key inputs, activities, outputs and control requirements for the specific sub-process contained within the main process
Our IT process design services delivers real business benefits:
- Align process with ITIL best practice
- Improve Process Communication
- Increase Accountability
- Improve Reliability
- Control and Consistency
- Improve Operational Efficiencies
- Enhance efficiency and productivity, and
- Minimize errors and risk