IT Continuity Management Consulting
Analytix IT Continuity Management consulting services assist organisations to establish or improve their IT Continuity Management programmes, and to develop IT Continuity Plans.
Alignment with IT Continuity Management Best Practice
These services are aimed to assist organisations to effectively develop and implement the requirements of the ISO/IEC 27031 standard and the COBIT IT Governance and Management framework, which may include an IT Continuity Management policy, IT Continuity Management strategies and IT Continuity Management (IT Disaster Recovery) Plans.
IT Continuity Management System and Plans
We provide the technical expertise and project management capabilities needed to build an efficient IT Continuity Management System to support business operations in the event of emerging IT related events and incidents, and related IT disruptions, that could affect continuity (including security) of critical business functions.
The scope and structure of an IT Continuity Management programme can vary, and our effort expended will be tailored to the needs of your organisation, while we will ensure that the essential elements of an IT Continuity Management function be established which is capable of:
- Minimising the threat of IT related disruption to your services
- Detecting IT related incidents that may disrupt your business services and processes at the earliest opportunity
- Responding in the most appropriate way
- Recovering the critical IT services to predefined levels
- Operating IT in an emergency situation
- Returning IT to normal pre-incident capability after a disruption
- Exercising and test to prove the ICT contingencies meet your business objective
Analytix’s approach to IT Continuity Management is based on assisting organisations to adopt and embed an IT Continuity Management lifecycle that comprises of the required IT Continuity Management elements for establishing an IT Continuity Management programme and plans.
This approach and methodology can be implemented by organisations of all sizes, in all sectors: public, private, non-profit, educational, manufacturing, etc.
Our IT Continuity Management consultancy service includes assessing your current IT Continuity Management environment, and developing the appropriate IT Continuity Management plans, policies and procedures, in aligment with the requirements of the international IT Continuity Management standard, ISO/IEC 27031, and the COBIT 5 framework.
ISO/IEC 27031:2011 - Information technology -- Security techniques -- Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity
ISO/IEC 27031:2011 describes the concepts and principles of information and communication technology (ICT) readiness for business continuity, and provides a framework of methods and processes to identify and specify all aspects (such as performance criteria, design, and implementation) for improving an organization's ICT readiness to ensure business continuity. It applies to any organization (private, governmental, and non-governmental, irrespective of size) developing its ICT readiness for business continuity program (IRBC), and requiring its ICT services/infrastructures to be ready to support business operations in the event of emerging events and incidents, and related disruptions, that could affect continuity (including security) of critical business functions. It also enables an organization to measure performance parameters that correlate to its IRBC in a consistent and recognized manner.
The scope of ISO/IEC 27031:2011 encompasses all events and incidents (including security related) that could have an impact on ICT infrastructure and systems. It includes and extends the practices of information security incident handling and management and ICT readiness planning and services.
Depending on the scope of work and terms of refererence, typical deliverables of an ISO/IEC 27031 programme implementation project may include:
- Project charter
- IT Continuity Management terms of reference
- IT Continuity Management Scope Statement
- IT Continuity Management Policy
- IT Continuity Management framework / Manual
- IT Continuity Strategy
- IT Resource Recovery Strategy
- IT Continuity Plan
- Incident Management Plan
- Project Management Plan
- IT Continuity Management Training and Awareness
Our COBIT and ISO/IEC 27031 aligned IT Continuity Management consultancy delivers real business benefits:
- Brings a clear focus to your IT continuity project, based on real-world experience
- Helps to ensure that you stay on track and within your budget
- Delivers a convincing business case for implementing a IT Continuity Management/ISO 27031 project
- Helps you avoid common pitfalls and challenges during an implementation
- Introduces appropriate metrics that will clearly demonstrate your success
- Developing effective IT Continuity plans