DPSA CGICT Policy Framework Toolkit & Implementation Support
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is playing an increasingly strategic role as an enabler of public service delivery. This importance has been highlighted by among other, the King III Report on Corporate Governance, a Presidential Review Commission.
To enable the political and strategic leadership of South African government entities to embrace ICT as an enabler of service delivery, the South African Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA), in consultation with the Government Information Technology Officers Council (GITOC), and the Auditor General (AG), developed the Corporate Governance of ICT Policy Framework (CGICT Policy Framework).
The purpose of the Framework is to enable Political and Strategic leadership to embrace ICT as an enabler of service delivery. The Cabinet adopted the Framework on 21 November 2012.
COBIT 5 ICT Governance Accelerator
Analytix has developed a COBIT 5 aligned ICT Governance Implementation Accelerator Toolkit and implementation support, to assist South African Government institutions to expedite the establishment of the COBIT 5 based ICT Governance and ICT Management practices and requirements, in compliance with the DPSA’s ICT Governance Policy Framework.
The Analytix COBIT 5 Implementation Accelerator provides comprehensive Cobit 5 aligned ICT Governance and ICT Management content and knowledge covering all the 37 COBIT 5 processes. The Accelerator also includes other tools to implement the requirements of the COBIT 5 IT Governance and IT Management framework, create awareness and buy-in, train staff, and implement your COBIT 5 Implementation programme.
The COBIT 5 aligned policies, frameworks, processes, procedures and templates are written in clear business language, to have real purpose and make operational sense. The Complete Accelerator Package is an ideal ICT Governance implementation aid for organisations that have little or no experience in COBIT 5.
Customisable to Your Requirements
South African Government institutions and their ICT Departments can easily modify the out-of-the-box ICT related policies, frameworks, charters, process descriptions, procedures and other COBIT 5 enablers and documents for their COBIT 5 aligned ICT Governance and ICT Management programme, or define their own.
What counts is that the COBIT 5 Accelerator will assist you to leverage your ICT organisation’s current investment in ICT policies, processes and experience combined with the benefits of the COBIT and related framework’s principles and best practice documents included in the Accelerator
COBIT® 5 is the internationally accepted best practice framework for IT governance and control. With a focus on managing processes, COBIT® 5 has helped organisations bridge the gaps between control requirements, regulatory compliance and business risks to significantly increase the value of their investment in IT. COBIT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. COBIT® helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realising IT benefits and optimising IT risk levels and IT resource usage.
COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire organisation, taking in the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders.
COBIT® is generic and useful for enterprises of all sizes, whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
The toolkit is available with or without implementation support and consulting services.
IT Governance Assessment (2 Weeks)
- DPSA Framework Requirements Assessment
- COBIT 5 Capability Assessment
IT Governance Implementation Road Map (1 Week)
Provision of the IT Governance Implementation Accelerator Toolkit.
Sub Phase 1 Requirements:
- Departmental CGICT Policy and Charter
- Governance and Management of ICT Framework
- Risk Management Policy with relation to ICT
- ICT Portfolio Management Framework
- ICT Security Policies
- Business Continuity Policy and Framework, ICT Continuity Policy and Draft Plan
- Change Management Plan for the implementation of CGICT and GICT
- Assistance with the appointment of a Governance Champion
- Prototype process documents for the twelve mandatory COBIT processes as required by the DPSA
- EDM01: Governance framework setting and maintenance
- APO01: Manage the ICT management framework
- APO02: Manage strategy
- APO03: Manage enterprise architecture
- APO05: Manage portfolio
- APO10: Manage Suppliers
- APO12: Manage Risk
- APO13: Manage Security
- BAI01: Manage programmes and projects
- DSS01: Manage Operations
- DSS04: Manage Continuity
- MEA01: Monitor, evaluate and assess performance and conformance
- Prototype Policies, Process Descriptions and Procedures for 37 COBIT 5 Processes
Toolkit Adoption Customisation Support (3 Weeks)
- Expedite your compliance with the DPSA’s ICT Governance Framework, COBIT 5, ISO 38500 and the King Code ICT Governance requirements
- Jump-start your COBIT 5 implementation and or enhancement initiative through benefitting from the comprehensive and business-friendly COBIT 5 content
- Enhance ICT process capability
- Comply with the Auditor Genral’s ICT Control requirements and improve ICT Audit results
- Save 1000’s of hours developing the requirements to implement ICT Governance in your organisation