ITIL® Intermediate Capability - Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
The ITIL Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
The ITIL Certificate in Operational Support and Analysis is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply OSA practices in resolution and support of the service management lifecycle and specifically in the following key ITIL process, role and function areas:
- Event management
- Incident management
- Request fulfilment
- Problem management
- Access management
- Service desk
- IT operations management
- Technical and application management
- Introduction to IT service management and OSA
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- The Service Desk
- Operations Management
- Technical & Application Management
- OSA roles and responsibilities
- Technology implementation considerations
- Sample exam, revision and feedback
This course aims to ensure that the candidate have the requisite knowledge, interpretation and analysis of OSA processes and management principles, techniques and relationships and their application for the effective management.
- 8 multiple-choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (if available) and where the language of the exam is not their primary business language, have a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the exam and are allowed the use of a dictionary.
To be eligible for the examination leading to the ITIL Service Strategy, the candidate must fulfil the following requirements:
Have undertaken at least 24 contact hours approved training.
Hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
Have at least 2 years' professional experience working in IT service management.
Completed a minimum 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the course material provided.
It is recommended that candidates have experience of working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility for at least one of the OSA processes outlined above.
A maximum of 16 participants will be allowed to attend a classroom course.