ISO/IEC 20000 IT Service Management Foundation Certification
ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard that allows organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT service management. It aligns to the IT infrastructure library (ITIL) best practice framework. All APMG ISO/IEC 20000 qualification levels are recognised as complementary to the official ITIL qualification scheme.
The standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance to a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC20000 helps organizations to establish an on-going culture of improvement and learning providing a target to achieve and maintain. This leads to continual improvement in the quality of IT services provided and increased business and customer confidence in the service provider and their ability to deliver.
It helps to ensure that organizations focus on the implementation of a set of integrated processes and solutions that are appropriate, suitable and effective in meeting the needs of the business processes, the customers and the users they serve, and increase the rate of change and the productivity of staff and the use of their skills and expertise.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge of the contents and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, and understands at a foundation level how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization. This course further enables participants to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing an IT Service Management System as specified in ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011, as well as the best practices for implementing the IT Service Management processes starting from the ISO 20000: planning and implementing new and changed services, service delivery process, relationship management process, problem resolution process, control processes and release processes.
- Introduction and background
- Scope, usage, terms, definitions
- Overall management system
- ISO/IEC 20000 processes
- ISO/IEC 20000 processes (continued)
- Guidance for organisations, applicability and scope
- Achieving and maintaining ISO/IEC 20000 certification
- Mock exam and review
The course helps candidates to understand the scope, objectives, key terminology and high level requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, how it is used in a typical IT service provider organization, together with the main elements of the certification process.
After attending the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the implementation of an Information Technology Service Management System in accordance with ISO/IEC 20000
- Understand the relationship between the information technology service management system, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- Understnadind the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL
- Understand the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an Information Technology Service Management System
- Acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS) as specified in ISO/IEC 20000
- Members of an Information Technology Service team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of an Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 20000 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an ITSMS
- 40 multiple choice questions
- 1 hour
- The pass mark is 65% overall (26/40)
- Closed-book examinations