Designing and Implementing the Balanced Scorecard Training Course
Organisations devote significant time, energy, human and financial resources to measuring their performance in achieving strategic objectives.
But the sobering fact is that about 9 out of 10 organisations fail to implement their strategies.
The Balanced Scorecard has emerged as a proven and effective tool to capture, describe, and translate organisations strategic goals, into meaningful objectives at corporate, divisional, and individual employee levels, thereby allowing for the strategies to be successfully implemented.
Over the two days of the course, you will cover all the key stages required to implement the Balanced Scorecard in your organisation.
Introduction to Performance Management
- Performance Management and the need for the Balanced Scorecard
- Balanced Scorecard as a management tool
Step-by-step Development of the Balanced Scorecard
- Getting started
- Mission, Values, Vision & Strategy
- Developing performance objectives and measures
- Finalising measures and developing cause and effect linkages
- Setting targets and prioritizing initiatives
Embedding the Balanced Scorecard in the organisation’s management system
- Cascading the balanced scorecard to build organisational alignment
- Using the balanced scorecard to strategically allocate resources
- Linking rewards to performance: The balanced scorecard and compensation
Sustaining Balanced Scorecard Success
- Reporting balanced scorecard results
- Maintaining the balanced scorecard
Balanced Scorecards in the public and non-for-profit sectors
Concluding thoughts on Balanced Scorecard Success
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Develop a best practice performance management system
- Build a Balanced Scorecard
- Translate strategy into meaningful objectives, measures, and targets
- Develop a strategy map
- Cascade the strategy to Divisional and employee levels
- Transform the Balanced Scorecard into a Strategic Management System
- Champions of Performance Management Projects
- Executives and Executive teams looking for a practical approach to strategy translation and performance management implementation
- Internal project coordinators and consultants
- HR and Finance managers
There is no examination available for this course.