COBIT 5 Foundation Training Certification
Analytix is an APMG Accredited Training Organisation delivering accredited COBIT Training Courses.
Information is a key resource for all organisations, and from the time that information is created to the moment that it is destroyed, technology plays a significant role. Information technology has advanced and become pervasive in organisations and in social, public and business environments.
As a result, today, more than ever, organisations and their executives strive to:
- Maintain high-quality information to support business decisions.
- Generate business value from it-enabled investments, i.e., achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through effective and innovative use of it.
- Achieve operational excellence through the reliable and efficient application of technology.
- Maintain it-related risk at an acceptable level.
- Optimise the cost of it services and technology.
- Comply with ever-increasing relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies.
CobiT® 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists organisations in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT.
Session 1: Course Introduction and Overview of the CobiT® 5 Framework
Session 2: Meeting the Stakeholder’s Needs
- CobiT® 5 goals cascade.
- Using the CobiT® 5 Goals Cascade - Linking organisational goals to IT-related goals
- Achieving IT-related goals through the optimal use and execution of all IT enablers, including processes.
- Management questions that stakeholders may have about IT
Session 3: Covering the organisation End-to-End
- How CobiT® 5 integrates IT Governance into Corporate Governance
- Governance enablers and scope
- Roles, activities and relationships
Session 4: Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- CobiT® 5 Framework Integrator
- CobiT® 5 Product Family
Session 5: Enabling a Holistic Approach
- CobiT® 5 Enablers
- Systemic Governance and Management Through Interconnected Enablers
- CobiT® 5 Enabler Dimensions
- Example of Enablers in Practice
Session 6: Separating Governance from Management
- Governance and Management
- Interactions Between Governance and Management
- CobiT® 5 Process Reference Model
Session 7: CobiT® 5 Implementation Guidance
- Considering the Organisations Context
- Creating the Appropriate Environment
- Recognising Pain Points and Trigger Events
- A Life Cycle Approach
Session 8: The CobiT® 5 Process Capability Model
- CobiT® 5 Process Capability Model in the COBIT Assessment Programme approach
- Differences Between the CobiT® 4.1 Maturity Model and the CobiT® 5 Process Capability Model
Session 9: Examination Requirements and Preparation
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand IT Governance process theory and the business expectations of what IT has to deliver.
- IT Governance control audit requirements.
- How to conduct a situational assessment of IT’s maturity and measure IT’s performance.
- The relevance of CobiT® 5 as an IT control framework, the high level principles of CobiT® 5, as well as a practical approach to implementing the management guidelines
- Providing a perspective of the complimentary roles that CobiT®5, ITIL® and ISO/IEC 27002 play in establishing a comprehensive IT Governance framework.
- How to measure the effectiveness of IT
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Process Owners
- Project Managers
- Operation Managers
- Business Managers
- ICT Consultants
- IT Auditors
- Internal Auditors
- Exam requirements:
- 50 Questions
- 40 minutes
- Closed book
- 50% pass required
- Exam Preparation:
- Approximately 2 hours
- Comprises syllabus review
- Test questions
- Analytix Examination Cram Sheet Included
APMG Examination Terms and Conditions: http://www.apmg-international.com/en/legal-policies/terms-conditions.aspx
APMG COBIT® 5 Examinations FAQs: http://www.apmg-international.com/faq.aspx?category=COBIT+5+FAQs&btnSubmit=Open